Southern Colorado Bead Society is a not-for-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. We are dedicated to the study, discussion and exchange of information about beads and beadwork and to share our knowledge through educational programs, workshops, a newsletter and website. The purpose of the Southern Colorado Bead Society is to enrich lives by sharing our enjoyment, knowledge and appreciation for beads and creative beading techniques in a fun, supportive environment and through member involvement in community service activities.
The SCBS meets once a month, generally on the 1st Sunday of each month at 2:00 pm. Our meeting place alternates between Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Monument, and other sites; Click here to go to our calendar for meeting dates and locations - SCBS Calendar and Events.
We're on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/socolobead
Benefits to joining:
- Monthly meeting with other beaders and bead artists throughout Colorado
- Bead Swap-Bring your unwanted beads and swap them with other members
- Show & Tell-Bring a beaded object you are especially proud of and show it off
- Monthly bead jar drawing
- Annual bead jar drawing
- Beading classes at every meeting
- Open beading - b.y.o.p.
- Annual Bead Challenge
- Annual Bead Retreat
- Community Service Projects including Heidi Kummli's "Healing with Beads"
Need a ride?
From Pueblo-Contact Frani Marsh @ Frani's Beads (719) 583-2323
From Monument or Colorado Springs-Contact The Bead Corner (719) 487-9900
For more information contact:
P.O. Box 423
Pueblo, CO 81003